The potential candidate presents a positive first impression of friendliness, excellent service and high standards. A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. As a member of an energetic team, the candidate must possess an upbeat positive attitude while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present clean menus; announce Server's name
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and relaying to the service team).
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Tends to the restrooms every 15 minutes to ensure cleanliness and restocking.
- Assists guests with future reservations noting special celebrations and guest preferences
- Getting to know repeat guests and developing rapport
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Offering genuine hospitality and above and beyond service to the guest
- Competitive wage/tip structure
- Flexible scheduling, allowing for travel
- Medical and dental options
- Paid time off after 1 year
- Supportive Management Team
- Work outside, overlooking the ocean every day
- Local events: concert tickets, festivals, etc.
- Opportunities for growth
- Work for a rockstar in paradise!
- Positive attitude, aloha spirit
- Genuine passion for hospitality
- OpenTable experience a plus
- Collaborative spirit
- Self motivated
- 1+ years full-service restaurant experience
- Must be a Maui resident