The potential candidate is accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. He/She exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Possesses the desire to promote positive kitchen culture and mentor our employees.
- • Lead kitchen team in chef's absence
- • Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- • Oversee and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- • Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- • Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- • Assist in training new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- • Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- • Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- • Work with Executive Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- • Verify that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- • Assist Executive Chef with menu creation
- • Coordinate with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
- • Expedite and manages food tickets during the course of service
- Competitve salary coming in above industry standards
- Medical and dental
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Local events: food competitions, festivals, etc.
- Opportunities for growth
- Working for a rockstar in paradise!
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills
- 1+ years in BOH Management experience