The potential candidate is responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guests’ needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. It is our servers’ primary goal to create long lasting memories of our guests' dining experiences at Fleetwood’s on Front St with above and beyond service and the spirit of aloha.
- To report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
- To promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all the colleagues of Fleetwood’s on Front St.
- To demonstrate a complete understanding of all policies, procedures and standards stated in Fleetwood’s Employee Handbook
- To follow all departmental policies, procedures and set service standards as outlined and/or discussed.
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests.
- To foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the restaurant.
- To attend all required training sessions and be aware of any changes to menus, departmental policies and procedures, service standards as well as business trends and requirements.
- To take ownership and uphold the values stated in the ABC’s of Service and Core Values.
- To use empowerment to turn challenges into opportunities.
- To demonstrate a complete knowledge and understanding of the sequence of service, food and beverage service standards, and all other service standards as outlined and/or discussed.
- To have full and complete knowledge of the food menu, dessert menu, coffee and tea menu as well as all other beverage menus and the wine list.
- To know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes.
- To be able to guide the guest through the menu and make any suggestions or recommendations in the guests’ interest.
- To be able to answer any guest question about food items, beverages and wines in an informative and helpful way.
- To be aware of all cashiering procedures and the handling of all payment methods.
- To understand and follow all Micros procedures and policies as stated and/or discussed.
- To communicate all service requirements to the respective team members in an efficient and effective way
- To attend pre-shift, weekly, and monthly meetings in order to be well-informed about all events, promotions and other news concerning Fleetwood’s on Front St.
- To assist all guests (internal and external) with any enquiries or requests in a pleasant, helpful manner
- To actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures set out for Fleetwood’s on Front St.
- To carry out out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your Manager(s) pertaining to total quality service delivered at Fleetwood’s.
- To stop and enjoy the view, the live music, and the aloha spirit daily, for a moment.
- Competitive wage/tip structure
- Flexible scheduling, allowing for travel
- Medical and dental options
- Paid time off after 1 year
- Supportive Management Team
- Work outside, overlooking the ocean every day
- Local events: concert tickets, festivals, etc.
- Opportunities for growth
- Working for a rockstar in paradise!
- General food and beverage knowledge
- Positive attitude, aloha spirit
- Genuine passion for hospitality
- Basic wine varietal knowledge
- Collaborative spirit
- Self motivated
- 1+ years Serving experience, fine dining or 3+ years casual service
- Must be a Maui resident