The potential candidate will assist in preparation of breads, pastries, desserts, and other sweets by helping design, produce, and maintain production. Contribute to a positive kitchen culture and possess a desire to grow the department.
- Assists creativity and prepares breads, pastries, and desserts by producing traditional, ethnic, and artisan breads; creating puff pastry, croissants, and Danish pastries; baking cakes and tortes, pies, tarts, quick breads, doughnuts, and strudels; preparing cookies, petit fours, and pate a choux; developing creams, mousses, custards, fillings, and icings; making ice cream and sorbet; designing plated desserts and sauces; creating chocolate and confectionery works.
- Plates desserts for serving in accordance with established portion and exquisite presentation standards.
- Designs bread, pastry, and dessert presentations by reviewing advance menus and specifications; consulting with Pastry Chef; determining amount and type of breads, pastries, and desserts to be served; confirming special themes and / or decors to be followed.
- Creates baked goods for specific diets (gluten free, sugar free, diabetes friendly, etc.).
- Taste all products produced to assess quality.
- Inspects the quality of the ingredients and measures them for specific recipes.
- Schedule production of all baked goods to maintain an inventory of fresh baked goods at all times.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy food preparation environment by cleaning station (equipment, utensils, etc.), while complying with sanitation and legal regulations.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, and ready to be in position.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers.
- Ensure that guest have a positive and memorable experience!
- Competitive wage
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical and dental options
- Paid time off after 1 year
- Supportive Management Team
- Opportunities for growth
- Working for a rockstar in paradise!
- Basic understanding of professional cooking with a strong ability to produce quality product and presentation focus.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures. Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Must have a true PASSION for the industry.
- 3+ years of experience in a restaurant with an emphasis on high production and quality.
- Up-to-date Food Manager and Food Sanitation Certification.