Oyster Shucker/Prep Cook
The potential candidate is an ambitious Prep Cook who will assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. A successful candidate will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. Preparing quality ingredients and shellfish for our guests to enjoy. A positive attitude and desire to build a happy kitchen culture.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Shuck oysters for our busy shellfish program with speed and attention to quality.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Competitive wage structure
- Flexible scheduling, allowing for travel
- Medical and dental options
- Paid time off after 1 year
- Supportive Management Team
- Local events: food competitions, outside catering, festivals, etc.
- Opportunities for growth
- Work for a rockstar in paradise!
- Proven experience in a restaurant setting
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset